Thursday, January 27, 2011

Will Grayson, Will Grayson


Book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Author: John Green & David Levithan
Pages: 310
Series: None

Who: Will Grayson, Will Grayson, Tiny Cooper, Jane, Maura and Gideon
What:  Living their life and then changing it in a big way
Where: Chicago
When: Doesn’t say, so I assume a current time period
Why:  When you truly open your heart to the people around you it can truly change your life.
How: Doing what everyone is afraid of: Changing


Will Grayson is about a teenager with a best friend named Tiny Cooper. Tiny is not small. He is very large.  Then there is the other Will Grayson who has a ‘best friend’ named Maura who isn’t truly what she seems at first. Each Will Grayson are two completely different people and see the world differently.

Sometimes you are lead to believe that they see some things the same way. Those ‘things’ would be Tiny Cooper. Each of them see him as a loving and passionate person who sometimes may seem full of himself.


My Opinion: 

Will Grayson, Will Grayson was nothing like it expected it to be. What took me by surprise at first was how each sides of the story were written differently. From one point of view it is written like a true book, dialog in the paragraphs. Then you have the other point of view which has paragraphs but the dialog breaks them up like so…

Me: I love you
Jess: I love you too
Me: Stop lying to me
Jess: I never lie... unless it’s to my mother.

That is not an actual line from the book but it was just an example.
I really do recommend picking it up and reading it. It makes you want to appreciate the people in your life more. It also made me realize if you don’t love yourself for who you are your life is much worse then it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment