Monday, January 24, 2011

Paper Towns

Book: Paper Towns
Author: John Green
Pages: 305 
Series: None

Who: Quentin Jacobsen, Margo Roth Spieglman, Ben, Rader, and Lacey
What: Discovering who Margo really is… 
Where: Florida, the road and Agloe New York 
When: Doesn’t say, so I assume a current time period 
Why: There were clues left for Quentin Jacobsen and did what his heart told him to.
How:  He used his friends and recourses to do what he saw best in the current situation.

The story starts off with two young children, Quentin and Margo. You find out a little bit about who they were and the moment that changed their life paths forever. That however is not a very important role in the story itself.

Q and Margo grow apart and this story is about them bringing themselves back together at the end of High School. It is their senior year and Margo plans to do things her way. Which it turns out she always does.


My Opinion: 
John Green = New favorite writer.
I read the story in maybe 24 hours or less (not all at once) I truly loved it, the story can be thrilling and exciting at times but also can get a little slow. I found myself rooting for the happy ending towards the end of the book. When the book was over I found myself asking questions, “What happened?” or “Where did they go next?” but that’s how you know when you’ve read a good book. You want to know more about the characters and their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment