Sunday, July 24, 2011

Delirium


Book: Delirium (#1)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 310
Series: Delirium


Who: Lena, Hana, Alex, Aunt Carol, Gracie, Jenny, Rachel, Uncle William, invalids, Regulators.
What: Living life without love.
Where: Portland, Maine
When: Spring and summer time.
Why: Love is a disease and the government wants to cure people of it.
How: Having them go through an operation when they are 18.


Lena lives with her aunt, uncle, cousin and sister because her mother has passed away. Lena believes in everything she was taught up until this point in her life. Love is a disease and it kills people. She also believes that the government is doing the right thing by “protecting” them from the outsiders called invalids, which are just people who don’t want to follow the governments rules. When in reality the government is the problem. Lena does the unthinkable right before she is about to be cured… she falls in love. As she falls in love she sees the signs of the disease taking over her but she doesn’t care. She’s willing to throw away everything for the boy she loves.


My Opinion:
The story was fantastic and well written. I was sad to see it end because I wanted more. I am frustrated that I have to wait over six months for the next book to come out. I want it right now.




Complete Series:
Delirium
Pandemonium – 2012 expected publication
Requiem – 2013 expected publication

1 comment:

  1. I read this book and it left me heartbroken. I own the second book Pandemonium, but I can not bring myself to read it. By the way nice review :)

    ReplyDelete