Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Truth About Forever


Book: The Truth About Forever
Author: Sarah Dessen
Pages: 374
Series: none

Who: Macy, Jason, Caroline, Delia, Wes, Bert, Kristy, Monica & a few others.
What: Macy decides after convincing and some personal problems that its time to live a little, that is with the help of Delia, Wes, Bert, Kristy and Monica.
Where: With the WISH Catering Crew
When: Anytime at night/Summer time
Why: Macy finally decides to step out of her comfort zone and be fun.
How: finally getting over her fathers death and having fun.

Macy seems to be ‘good girl’ while she studies for her SATs in her senior year during the fall. Even though its summer she has a strict schedule and always follows it, no matter what. However, once she meets Delia her entire life changes, well not her entire life but the way she is living her life changes. Macy makes new friends and finds new a new love along the way.  Macy taps into her wild side but not enough that she’s a completely different person. She drinks from time to time.  Macys mother is controlling and it shows why her sister acted the way she did as a teen.

My opinion:
I really loved the book! Sarah Dessen always has a way of making me happy. Macy was easy to relate too as well, I found myself saying, “that’s me, or I would do that”.  Jason reminds me of my ex boyfriend and I hate it. It made me angry when he wrote her the e-mail. I wanted to slap him, boys are stupid and Sarah Dessen really captured that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment