Thursday, February 10, 2011

Specials


Book: Specials
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Pages: 372
Series: Uglies

Who: Tally, Shay, Fausto, Zane, the other cutters, David & Dr. Cable
What: Trying to change the way things are, forever.
Where: Diego and the wild
When: inbetween spring and fall
Why: Tally can never be happy with what she has, she has to “Push the gods”
How: finding “new smoke” and then destroying someone close to her.

Tally once again has found a way to cause trouble between her and Shay. Also Zane pays the price for this one. Tally should have learned by now that nothing is what it seems.  While on her way to the New Smoke Tally realizes some interesting things about the way her and Zane are. The also the way she wants them to be.

Tally for once listens to Shay and realizes she has to tell Dr. Cable the truth about something. Problem is Dr.Cable already knew.  Tally now is left to deal with everything that comes with confronting Dr. Cable, this time… it is her choice.


My opinion:
This series is becoming less surprising as I read it, however I have found a few parts that really made me say “OH MY GOODNESS” because I couldn’t believe what I was reading. The characters are very familiar and loving even in the very end. Tally and Zane’s ending really made me feel like I was at a loss for words.


Series:
Uglies
Pretties
Specials
Extras

No comments:

Post a Comment