Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Fledgling Handbook 101

Book: The Fledgling Handbook 101
Autor: P.C Cast
Pages: 157
Series: House of Night (Companion Guide)


Who: Vampyers
What: Guide to their new life
Where: a House of Night school
When: Each section is specifies in the book
Why: To teach the new Vampyers how to adjust to their life changes
How: Showing them where their powers might have came from and how they came to be.


The fledgling handbook is a great companion guide to the House of Night series. Throughout the small novel you find out how each of the five elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth and Sprit) became affinities of the first vampyers who's had them. You also learn the different ways to run rituals for the dead, for protection and for a powerful group in the schools are called "The Dark Daughters". Some other information included in the handbook is what each of the class symbols mean.


My opinion:
I suggest this book to anyone who is or plans to read the House of Night series but I also think that it is a slow read. I only found it that way because it is so factual and it seemed like a history book to me.  The book however, did teach me things that the actuals books confused me on.



No comments:

Post a Comment